In 1845, A. Lange & Söhne was founded by Ferdinand Adolph Lange, the original architect of Germany's watchmaking industry. Under Ferdinand and his sons, Emil and Richard, Lange produced high quality pocket watches and oversized wrist watches for German airmen in World War II. In 1948, the Soviet administration acquired the company and the Lange brand ceased to exist. With the help of several Swiss watch brands, Walter Lange restored the company in 1990. Since then, A. Lange & Söhne has launched 46 movements and secured its place as one of the world’s most prestigious watch brands.
With only a few exceptions, all the parts of an A. Lange & Söhne watch are produced in-house. This extraordinary focus on craftsmanship means that only a small number of watches can be manufactured each year.
A. Lange & Söhne watches are available at our San Francisco location.